The Soviet T-34 is considered the most successful tank of its time, it combined high speed, maneuverability e fuel economy, low silhouette, good armour protection e firepower. The vehicle had 60 mm of sloped frontal armour, as much as the modern Leopard II, making it immune to cannoni anticarro da 37 mm PaK 35/36. Even the powerful 8.8 cm L.71 gun of the Jagdpanther tank destroyer had only a calculated 11% probability of penetrating the T-34's sloped frontal armour at 500 m range. By comparison, the German Tiger I tank was twice as heavy, but it lacked the sloped armour which would have reduced the probability of an effective hit against it by as much as 34%.
Cavalleria Breakthrough Tank
The T-34's quattro stroke V2 diesel engine, was small, light-weight, powerful, e relatively economical. The T-34 consumed 480 litres of diesel fuel over its cruising range of 300 km, compared to the Tiger tank which consumed 535 liters of petrol per 100 km, on level ground. Many Tigers were lost when they ran out of fuel e could not be recovered later.
Tactically, the T-34 fell into the Soviet N.P.P. category of "cavalleria" Breakthrough o Flanking Tanks, it was the workhorse of the tank brigade e the meccanizzata brigade. The Soviet wartime economy focused on tank production almost exclusively, e the only available trasporti truppe corazzati were American M3 White scout cars supplied under lend-lease. As a result, units motorizzata della fanteria sovietica typically rode their attached carri armati T-34 into battle. These elite tankoviy desant tank riders have not been covered in scala 1:72 plastic yet, they would be an important addition to any collection of Soviet armoured forces.
- T-34/76.C, 1:48 Tamiya 32515
- T-34/76.C, 1:72 ESCI
- T-34/76.C (cast torretta), 1:72 UniModel UM72325
- T-34/76.C, 1:72 Italeri 7008
- T-34/76.C, 1:76 Matchbox 40082
- T-34/76.C, 1:76 Matchbox/Revell 03154
- T-34/76.C M.42/43, 1:76 Ostmodels R45
- T-34.C 1942 ZAVOD NR-27 Uparmour, Conv. Kit, 1:76 VUC C-110
- T-34/76.C, 1:87 miniTanks 1237
- T-34/76.C, 1:87 WTD 5
- T-34/76.C con Torretta STZ, 1:87 ROCO 160
- T-34/76.C, 1:100 Roskopf 152
- Tipo: N.P.P. Breakthrough Tank
- Motore: V-12 cylinder diesel, 372 kw
- Velocità: 50 km/h sulle strade
- Capacità di Combustibile: l
- Autonomia: 300 km
- Lunghezza: 5920 mm
- Larghezza: 3000 mm
- Altezza: 2400 mm
- Peso: 27.813 kg
- Armamento: 76.2 mm L.42 F-34 Tank Gun; due mitragliatrici DT da 7,62 mm; mitragliatrice contraerei DChK da 12.7 mm
- Equipaggio: capocarro, guidatore, cannoniere, caricatore
- The T-34 Battle Tank russo by Matthew Hughes, Chris Mann
- T-34/76 Medium Tank 1941-1945 by Steven Zaloga
- Funcken, L. & F.: L'Uniforme et les Armes des Soldats de la Guerre 1939–1945, p. 77
- Armata sovietica, 1942-1945
- Polish People's Army (LWP), 1944-1945
- T-34/76.D con the larger hexagonal torretta e »Mickey Mouse« twin hatches. torretta conversion kits available from Vac-U-Cast include different pedestals to mount these torrette on Airfix, Matchbox o Fujimi T-34 tanks.
- T-43/76.D assault tank version of the T-34/76.D, converted as above, but con additional frontal armour plating made from plastic card.
- T-34/85 retrofit, mounting a new 85 mm L.54 gun torretta on an old hull. A suitable torretta could be scrounged from the Fujimi T-34/85 kit.
Over 40,000 of the cheap ed effective T-34s were built, e they outnumbered the expensive e complicated Tigers e Panthers by a factor of 6 to 1. As is often the case in business e war, the Germans did not internalize the important lessons of the early Blitzkrieg campaigns, whereas l'armata sovietica learned from its defeats e prevailed eventually. Dinosaurs like the legendary Tiger tank end up in museums, but Volkswagens like the T-34 continue to serve even today.
Domande più frequenti
Per ulteriori informazioni, per favore contatta la redazione di Rivista Military Miniatures nel Miniatures Forum.